Re: Bugeye Ad in Hemmings

To: "Wayne Lowry" <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Ad in Hemmings
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:34:57 -0800
Cc: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
No actually I said 230 Miles per hour Plus...

You could stand at the back of Dougs bugeye and it would look like a bug
eye with a heavy duty driver only Roll cage... Don't walk around the front
if you are a concours guy.... you first would notice the Two Full steps
extra to get to the nose... it will be a 130 inch wheelbase... and for the
front end... cowling forward these cars are totally streamlined... the
motivation in mine will be a Small Block chevy... sorta... even it didn't
retain any of the Chevrolet name... These are Purpose built race cars that
don't have any more basis in fact then a Nascar ford or chevy..

The term Healey really is about My Love of the Austin Healey sports car in
all it's forms.. and Donald Healeys love of speed... that is what got me
heading down this Road several years ago... it is only now that I am
finally able to start assembling the parts I have collected to make this
happen...  First goal this year is to assemble the parts in a Camaro and
run it on the Salt at Bonneville as well as our test / race track here on
the east coast... I am going to try and set a couple of records here... but
the honest answer is this Camaro is a brick compared to the Healey and what
the aerodynamic numbers for it will be...So I really don't expect a record
at Bonneville.. I am really going to have fun and race a car.... Next year
or the following year.. now that will be the honest effort to beat the D
Modified sports record...(the Record Donald Healey shattered in 56)

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: Wayne Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>; spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Bugeye Ad in Hemmings
> Date: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 8:23 PM
>
> Did he say 200 miles per hour??!!  In a bugeye??!! I am truly beginning
to fear
> the depth that I may climb to due to the LBC disease. Did 90 in my bugeye
and
> all the standard functions of a truly scared person were evident. 200
MPH!! I
> want details!!
> Bruce Lowry
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
>
> > Larry I can tell you for sure unless it has a small block chevy Like
Doug