Re: Seats

To: adrian@icx.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seats
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 12:07:41 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Adrian,
    You can try www.summitracing.com. Clck online catalog, safety,
seats. No headrests but they do have HighBacks. Total for one seat +
sliding brackets + seat cover is between 100-120.
The $450 quote sounds like all they are going to do is order a seat kit
and install it (I was quoted $400). The $180 sounds like someone is
going to stitch them up from scratch and carve the foams out of a block,
Depending on who does it it may come out all right I had the ones done
on my bugeye for $150 and while not concours they are comfortable and
made from a lot heavier vinyl than the originals or reproductions, this
person quoted a price of $180 for a set of seats for a 1977 MGB which is
real similar to a 75 midget, this did not include foam which would have
been $30.00 more.
FWIW
Peter S.