Re: Thanks...Seats and Painting

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks...Seats and Painting
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:41:16 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"J. Adrian Barnes" wrote:

> As far as seats go, I found another upholstery shop I am going to check
> out.  My problem is that the only way I can find tan seats is to order
> the $900 kit from VB.  I don't want a black interior, so I am stuck (as
> far as I know) getting them custom made.  Moss has tan interior panels,
> but I didn't see any tan seats.

The pre made kits are way over priced.
The way to do it (and get some very good quality vinyl) is to buy 5
yards of vinyl from a boat canvas shop or auto upholstry shop. Do not
buy the vinyl from your local fabric shop, this is made for cloths and
costumes.
It comes in thousands of textures and colors, many different weights
too.
The top of the line vinyl costs around $10 per yard X 5 yds = $50.
Now take that to you upholsterer and the seats, panels, and even the
radio consul will all match.

ps...A boat cover shop can also make a new top with windows in any
color.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ