Re: leaning front wheel

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: leaning front wheel
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:10:55 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, after careful inspection (by me) today I can
say with certainty that the top trunnion is set correctly
and the top trunnion bushes are shot.

The wheel still has its 20-degree negative camber even
when the car is raised (same when on the ground).

The shock absorbers appear to be at the same distance from
the edge of their respective ledges so their bolt holes have not
been tampered with. Their arms are of the same length.

Therefore it has to be a past accident and something is
twisted in there. What, I don't know. I have all the alignment
data from the factory workshop manual and I'll take it from there.

If anyone knows better, I'd like to hear it!

Thanks everyone.

Evangelos