Re: Getting Back to the '74 Midget

To: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Subject: Re: Getting Back to the '74 Midget
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 14:46:34 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Philip Hubbard wrote:
.

> Anyway, I'm considering the following for restoration:  Bug-Eye, early
> Midget (61-63), early MGB or maybe even a Lotus Elan or Spitfire.

Lotus Elan restorations can be very expensive. Dual overhead cam Lotus
engines are not cheap to work on.
Spitfires are not aloud on the Spridget list! Watch your language!! :)

 questions like "will this '71 Midget dash fit my '74?"?

All roll up window spridget dash boards are interchangable.
The early steel dashes (with minor modifications) will fit up to 79.
All the padded dashes are the same except for the location of some dash
lights.

 Can someone very briefly tell me the
> difference between arc welding, mig welding and any other common types?

Arc welding is a bit too hot for sheetmetal work. Mig is perfect for the
home restorer.
(I know you professional welds can arc, braze, mig, tig, etc with no
problems but I am refering to us "I just got me a welder and watched the
video that came with it" type welders.

Frank