Re: Midget accident! DANG!

To: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: Midget accident! DANG!
From: "Dan O'Shea" <danoshea@mhv.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:55:51 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Glad you were't injured...

In college (Villanova), the rear end of my 67 Sprite kicked out in one of
those awkward "hills at the curve"--so you're lifted as you need to begin
negotiating the curve...I spun out and entered the woods rear end first and
stopped about 15 feet in the woods with small tree branches in my face.
Remarkably only "scuff marks" on the body finish from those same branches.

Unfortunately  I later lost that car to the broad side of  a "short-bus" on
US 30 at the entrance of Haverford College--I bent the steering wheel to the
dash with my nose;  spidered the windshield with my forehead; ripped the
dash (metal) out with my knees, and as the passenger seat (thank God-empty)
ripped out of the floor, to add insult to injury, the "stereo"
(electrophonic--home speaker--full size) wacked me in the back of the
head...

Suffering only from an annoying nose bleed,myself and  2 bystanders  picked
up/dragged the remains to the sidewalk so as to quickly restore traffic...

Thus further evidence of the merits of a college education...