Re: Insurance / Was Antique License Plates ...L O N G...

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Insurance / Was Antique License Plates ...L O N G...
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:54:32 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/15/99 2:28:04 PM Central Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:
<snip>
<< My point is that owners should know what they buy (in this case
 insurance)and should understand what they may be "getting" themselves
 into before they have "gotten" themselves into a predicament.  >>

Actually, the same applies to the plates also.

*USED TO* have a customer that had decide the $24 antq. plates were the only
way to fly.  He was a resident of a Chicago 'burb and car was titled and
insured
(collector) in his 'burb.

As you might imagine, Chicago is the MAJOR home to the Sect. of State
Uniformed Police Division.

That said, the idiot (even after my 'kind' chiding) maintained that his NEW
antq
plates where the best buy he gotten since he bought his car.

Then one day whilst leaving work,  a SOS Officer spied said individual and
stopped
him.  He TRIED the "just out for test ride" gambit.  Was not believed and
issued a
$75.00 Summons.  Did not have to 'appear' but DID.
(again & I repeat - he was/is an IDIOT!)

Take just ONE guess as to what vehicle he drove to Field Court!?!?!?!?

[First correct guess wins nada, nada, nada!!].

NOW guess what Sworn Police Officer (and of course from what office he is
from)
saw said individual drive said LBC into the Field Court Parking Lot?!?!?!?

Again, [First correct guess wins nada, nada, nada!!].

NOW guess what said LBC Operator received AGAIN!!!??!!!??!!!

Yep, ANOTHER $75'er.  OK, we clear to here??  He saved $24 from the original
tag price of $48.00/year Vs the $24/year for antq.  BUT so far he is out the
difference of $ 126.00!!

The following week, whilst leaving work - yep you guessed it --- # 3 ---!!!!

Now what I did NOT know was that SOS provided said info to his "Classic Ins"
co and they had canceled him.  No, no accident.  He just found out about
another week later.

Lucky there were not wrecks involved.

But what the He*l, he saved $24.00!!!

           Ed
           '73 Black Tulip MGB (Muriel) (wearing std plates "Cins 73")
           '63 A-H BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey) wearing std plates " AH BJ 7")