Re: Fw: Water temp sending unit threads?

To: eriks@netspace.net.au, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Water temp sending unit threads?
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:05:19 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 16/2/1999  2:07:51AM,  eriks@netspace.net.au writes:

<< There is usually an adapter piece that is screwed into the head, and
 then the temp
 sending unit is screwed into the adapeter piece, the adapter piece makes
 the sender
 unit sit further out giving it the extra internal clearance.

 Cheers,
 Eriks Skinkis >>

Hi Eriks, list,

I've kept quiet on this one now because my experience is that there appears to
be loads of different thread tappings and senders.  I have indeed seen some
with the adaptor piece.  Probably the adaptor piece is 5/8 thread and uses a
different & short sender to enable everything to fit ok.

OR

Small block heads are different from others - various castings were used over
the years.

Daniel1312