Re: metal thickness

To: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Subject: Re: metal thickness
From: "Herbert Goede" <hgoede@uswest.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:10:52 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Tyson,

Sorry, do not know the gauge.  But, I've found that scrap body panels from
other British cars of the same vintage work best.  That way the metal is
likely compatable for content as well as thickness.  It is important for
the metals to become fluid at a similar temp.

You can usually get otherwise worthless panels for little or no money at
your local salvage yard or British car restorer.  Or just follow a Triumph
for a few miles.  Something is bound to fall off.

Herb