Badge Mystery

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Badge Mystery
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:42:22 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List,

It seems that we have run up against another little mini-mystery with our
69 MKIV Sprite.

Currently, there is no "Sprite" badge on the trunk lid and after conferring
with others on the list and referring to the various manuals and
catalogs...it's obvious that there is supposed to be one.

The mystery is...just exactly where it should be. I can find no evidence of
holes  or holes that were bondoed or welded shut by a previous owner. I
assume the R and the I of the "SPRITE" should be centered on the deck lid
handle and placed somewheres near the center of the deck lid.

Could one of you other MKIV owners provide us with some measurements?
Something like "X" inches up from the center of the lock handle and "X"
inches from the edge of the lid. Of course, this assumes that the mounting
is parallel to the ground and not canted. Whatever...any help would be
appreciated.

Also...since I don't have the badge in hand yet, I'm not sure how it
acually attaches. Again, I assume some sort of pins on the back of the
badge that pass through holes in the trunk lid and pal nuts or clips that
hold the whole dealy-bopper to the trunk lid. Am I close?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

Bill & Cindy
Santa Rosa, CA

98 Sea Ray 190 BR
96 Yellow Lab