Re: Da brown stuff

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Da brown stuff
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:10:19 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey--you know what?  When I was freshening the 1500 with new bearings, timing
chain, etc., I went to my mechanic's shop where I was doing the work under his
watchful eye with a box full of gasket seals of different colors and
consistencies.  He is an old line mechanic who has been working on British
cars about as long as there has been a British cars (slight, only slight
exaggeration).  (Yes, it is he, Adrian)  He said if it is built right and
torqued right they won't leak--just spread some white lithium grease on the
gaskets when I assembled them.  I cautiously tried it--Guess what?  No Leaks!!
And the engine can be disassembled without the accompanying scraping and
Scotchbrite grinding when that time comes.  I still have my unopened tubes of
gasket sealant.

---David