Re: '67 Midget dash layout

To: "Jim Hammack" <hammack@goldinc.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '67 Midget dash layout
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 13:22:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This looks very close to a '68 (I think) Sprite dash that I have just
taking up space.  Is the '67 Midget dash different from a '67/'68 Sprite
dash?

The dash I have has included:

a speedo, with cracked glass
the turn signal bulb shields
fuel gauge
a toggle switch on the lower right side next to what I think is the choke
cable
What I think is the choke cable
a faceted red lens above the hole for (the dual gauge?)
a Sprite badge in the lower center

Anyone who is interested in taking this off my hands, please respond
privately.  It's in good shape, but could use repainting.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

----------
> From: Jim Hammack <hammack@goldinc.com>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: '67 Midget dash layout
> Date: Saturday, February 20, 1999 5:56 PM
>
> I have a '67 Midget (U.S.) that does not have everything
> it should.  The layout is something like this:
>
>                                 '67 MG Midget Mark III instrument panel
>
>                                              lights     missing    ws
washer
>                        turn signal             \           |         /

>                        indicators               o          ?         o

>                            < >

>                         O       O                    O         O
>                        /        |                    |          \
>                      speedo    tach              fuel guage  dual guage

>                                        o        o                    o
>                                       /        /                      \
      \
>                                     choke   heater
wipers    ignition
>                                              fan
      switch

> There is just a hole where I labled "missing" above.  Also, are the rest
of the
> switches, etc., in the right place?  The turn signal indicators are just
arrow-
> shaped holes in the dash with no lenses, etc., and those bare bulbs are
awful
> bright at night.  Is there supposed to be some sort of lense over them?
Any