1500 Temp Sender

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Temp Sender
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:23:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok...I have been struggling to get the dash off my parts car.  What a
pain!  Anyway, the Haynes manual says that the newer cars had a
temperature transmitter connected by a wire to the gauge.  It says the
older cars had a cable with a spring-looking wire twisted around it.
The workshop manual seems to think they ALL had this twisted wire
thing.  I remember my other cars having a temperature transmitter and a
wire.  This one has the twisty-spring wire thing.  I unscrewed the
twisty wire thing from the housing on the water pump end, and the
temperature transmitter I just bought screws right in its place.

What gives here?  Am I severely confused?  Do I have an old setup
somehow?  Thanks.

adrian