Re: Datsun 210's

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Datsun 210's
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:40:30 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
you can read the number while in the car.  Close to the fierwall on top of
the bellhousing flange.
If they are 210s and not B210s I think they will fit.  81 is the good year
with the standard shift pattern I believe.
Make sure the drain plug sticks DOWN.
Get the speedo cable.

Ulix

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> I need some information.  I am on the track of two 1981 Datsun 210s and need
> to know if, assuming they are the 5 speed trannys, there were any 5 speeds
> that will not fit the 1275.  Or could I buy these two cars, assuming the price
> was right, and assume that they WILL be the right ones.  The trannys will
> undoubtedly be IN the cars so I wont be able to remove them and read numbers
> off the tops of them.
>
> Also, besides the tranny, shifter, and drive shaft, are there any other parts
> of the Datsun 210 that may be used to advantage on the Spridget?  The engine?
> Anything else?  The alternator?  One of these is a sedan and the other is a
> station wagon.
>
> ---David
>
> Thanks for your input.

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9