Dash repair Pt II

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash repair Pt II
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:36:04 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
When I wrote the first email I had been turned down at several upholstery
shops and had about given up.  Then I went by another shop and showed the
dash to a guy, who although hesitant, decided to take the project on.  I am
not too concerned about perfection or originality, just something that
looks good and won't crumble when I touch it.  For $185, he is going to
rebuild it and recover it in the color and vinyl grade of my choice, trying
to match the original (shape) as closely as possible.  That isn't too bad
considering an overlay is about $100, and then I'd still be stuck with an
ugly, crumbling, *black* dash!

adrian

--