Engine Pulling

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Pulling
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:32:39 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi All!

Probably gonna be pulling the engine this weekend to do some more work and
cleanup a few leaks.  When the engine was last pulled, we simply ran chain
around the engine and connected the chain to a hoist.  Putting it back in,
we very carefully ran chain around the engine since it was just painted.
Now that I'm pulling it again, I'd like to find a better way.

Most of the advice is to tie the chain to the head/rocker studs(no chain
knots, but using an metal angle).  Can these studs take the weight??  Since
I have an LCB header, this comes off before I pull the engine, so I don't
have a manifold to hook onto, either.

Suggestions??

Jason.

|    Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060     |
|    CA Studio  www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts     |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd  '65&'67 Austin-Healey Sprites  |