Re: Desperate!: removing crank pulley

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Desperate!: removing crank pulley
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:45:03 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff:

I had the same trouble with a timing chain sprocket--I devised a puller that
would fit by taking a piece of angle iron, drilling two holes just off the
circumference of the sprocket, and threaded two bolts on either side of the
sprocket and into the holes in the angle iron.  I tucked the heads of the
bolts behind the sprocket, put a c-clamp on them to hold them in place, and
began tightening the nuts on the bolts.  It pulled the sprocket like a charm.

Check to see if it might work for you.

--David