1st shock problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1st shock problem
From: DRDohm@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:53:10 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers,
        Thanks to your earlier help, the driver side shock came out
beautifully. I
didn't even scrape a knuckle.

        We know that didn't last.

        On to the passenger side. The top trunnion through bolt seems to be
bent. It
also is fused to the metal part of the bushing. I have drowned the whole thing
in penetrating oil. no luck. I have tried a C-clamp and socket to push the pin
through, that bent the bushing "housing". So I'm stuck. Is it time to break
out the hack saw? I assume that I will be replacing the bent bolt anyway.

Thanks for you help.

Don
'72 Midget (in it's natural state, on jack stands)