Re: Conclave 98 Follow-up

To: rcbrown@lucent.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Conclave 98 Follow-up
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:55:21 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/5/99 3:43:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, rcbrown@lucent.com
writes:

<< My insurance company (standard street car coverage) considered the car
totalled,
 but for 15% of the settlement I was able to keep the car with no effect on
the
 title.  The settlement was far below what is listed in
 any of our common references as the value of a 62 BT7. But it took 3months to
 get them to agree to what I did get, and it was sufficient
 to cover all the work I have had done, with very little left over. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That brings up an interesting point.  Since the insurance company "totalled"
the car, but you kept it and repaired it, what happens (God forbid!) if you
have another accident?  Can you put in another claim on a car that your
insurance company retired?  Can they consider it uninsurable, because they
already paid you for it?

Maybe it's time to get antique car insurance from a specialty company.  Any
comments? Jay?

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport