Re: Baking enamel.......

To: "Michael Dietsche" <mdietsche@yahoo.com>, <Lancer7676@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Baking enamel.......
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:14:59 -0500
Cc: "MG List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Michael --
I have baked many parts using only Plastikote engine enamel without any
primer at all, and never had a failure of the finish.  It is important to
completely degrease the parts, of course, and I usually treat steel parts
with a metal prep solution before painting.  I don't have any experience
with baking primers.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain