Re: Seat cover kits vs. upholstery shop

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Seat cover kits vs. upholstery shop
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:22:42 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"William M. Gilroy" wrote:

> My Midget took on a fair amount of water before I got the car.
> This caused the carpets to rot, the vinyl panels and the seats
> to grow a nice coat of mold and mildew.  Now after 10 months
> inside and a very good cleaning the seats still have that moldy
> funky smell.  In this case funk is bad.  Since the seats are
> well worn and have the 'funk', I am going to replace the covers
> and the foam rubber.  I priced the kits from british vic. and
> they are $260 for the seat covers, and $60 for the foam, for
> a total cost of $320.  The other route is to have them recovered
> and the foam replace at a local upholstery shop.  Just looking
> for opinions on which route might be better.  Any thoughts?
> I figured I would send this to both lists since the problem
> and thoughts would similar.

Bill

Call Walt Downs, he lives in Spotswood not too far from you.
He is a LBC nut and an uphosterer by hobby. Great prices too.
He does beautiful work. He has done all my cars since 1988.
Walt 251-3758. Unsure if of the area code with NJs new codes.(was 908)
Tell him I sent you. You will have to bring your seats to him, he works
in his basement. He needs about a week. He also does the new foam and
what ever the seat needs.
This guy even fabricated Bugeye seat pans for me from scratch!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ