Dark Green/Production Change Point

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dark Green/Production Change Point
From: Brian Thornton <bthor@master.adams.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 22:29:51 -0500
Cc: BRUCE48127@aol.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay,

With all due respect, I believe that Herb was correct in stating that Dark
Green was only available on early AN5's.  According to the Austin-Healey
Sprite Service Parts List, Publication Number AKD829, Third Edition.  Dark
Green (GN12) was discontinued at Chassis Number AN5/9926.  Leaf Green
(GN15) was introduced as a replacement colour at Chassis Number AN5/9927.
According to Terry Horler's book, Original Sprite and Midget, Chassis
number AN5/9926 was manufactured in January 1959.  Consequently, this
colour was only available during the first 10 months of AN5 production.

What is the chassis number of your Dark Green Sprite?  Did you ever have
British Motor Heritage document the date of manufacture and build
specifications of your car?  It would be rather interesting to uncover a
car finished in Dark Green from the works after the BMC "Documented" change
point. Anything is possible!

Brian Thornton
AN5
AN9