Re: Super Sprites

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Super Sprites
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:30:09 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,

Could these be the Coventry Climax powered Sprites? Geoff Healey's "More
Frogeyes and Midgets" (?) mentions that Healeys played with the Climax
engines and very different body paneling before the intro of the
Squarebodied Sprites.  They looked a little like miniature boat-tailed Alfa
convertibles. I don't own the book, but have had it through inter-library
loan.

Jeff

---
On 3/13/99, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott wrote:
>

>> Regarding the Super Sprite (a model name used by DMH on Sprite prototypes)
>
>OK. Many years ago I actually saw 3 (so called) Super Sprites for sale
>in the Philadelphia area. They each said "Super Sprite" and they did not
>appear stock.
>I mentioned Super Sprites to a few other knowledgable Sprite people and
>no one seems to know what they were.
>I know I saw them even though it was back in the 70s, I was not on
>drugs!
>It was dark, the used car dealer was closed but I stopped and took a
>look.
>Can anyone shed a bit more light on these Super Sprites?
>
>Thanks
>--
>Frank Clarici

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html