Re: setting the ignition without marks

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: setting the ignition without marks
From: Greg Mahney <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:48:28 +0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'll be interested in other responses to this.

One method, not widely supported on this list (for good reasons if you have
the correct marks) is to use a vacuum guage.

You connect up the guage to the manifold in the usual way, increase idle to
about 4000rpm or more to get the maximum advance, and then twist the dizzy
until you get the highest, steady reading- and that is the timing.

Greg