Re: Hardtop questions

To: "Nory P" <nory_midget@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop questions
From: "Dave" <dgfox@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 19:24:18 -0800
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
.  Sanding:  I know nothing about working with fiberglass- Do I sand
out the scratches, just like any other material?  If I used a power
sander on it, do I have to be concerned about generating
heat/warping/melting/???

 Use wet/dry sandpaper and water.
No dust, no heat, and a smoother finish.
Start w/ 400 grit, then 600 then maybe even 800.
I wanted a black hardtop so I used a "finishing resin" + black coloring
sanded and then used rubbing compound and it looks great.
No paint necessary ! They have many different dye colors for fiberglass.

good luck,
Dave