Re: Fel-Pro Head Gasket

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Fel-Pro Head Gasket
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:40:16 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David Ramsey wrote:

> The head gasket in the Fel-Pro 948/1098 set is made in England and has the
>number AF070-N stamped on it.  Can any of you guys on the other side of the
>pond tell me who makes this head gasket and can I get the same one for less
>than the $30 US my dealer charges me for the Fel-Pro head set?
>                 Crash

Crash

SICP has a sale on Asbestos (the good ones but don't tell the EPA this)
Head gaskets. $2.83 each or something like that. Not $3. I just ordered
a few.
They also list the head set (decoke set) for just under $6! Yup, I
ordered a few of them too. Ring gears for $21, the list goes on. I spent
a bunch of money this morning on parts I don'r need but have to have at
those prices.
And FWIW, the high preformance, high dollar copper head gaskets always
blow out for me. I went back to good old asbestos, they last and hold up
to high compression.
As for the asbestos dust, I used to cut asbestos shingles with a
circular saw, so touching stuff like asbestos brakes and head gaskets
dosn't really bother me.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ