Re: Wire Wheels

To: Paul Dolloff <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:15:49 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Paul,

British Wire wheel in Santa Cruz will Tune up a wire, straighten and
ballence.  They have informed me it is cheeper to nuy s new one if the
splines are worn.  It cost about a $100.00 per wheel, that's quite a bit
considering a new painted 13" wheel is under two hundred.  Actually I've
seen some excellent articles on the web for tuning them up.  It's not
rocket science.  Anyone have a copy?

Rick

Paul Dolloff wrote:

> List,
>
> I'm looking for a shop that refurbishes wire wheels.  Please forward
> me any leads.
>
> Thank you,
> Paul

> Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
> Lexington, KY
> 606/744-4812 ext. 389
> '66 A/H Sprite MK III: HAN8L-55641
> '66 A/H Sprite MK III: HAN8L-59017
> '69 A/H Sprite MK IV: Parts car

52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby
http://www.softcom.net/users/walters
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/4644