Re: 71 midget

To: ERIC080@aol.com
Subject: Re: 71 midget
From: "V. Lambert" <lamberts@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:29:36 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I paid $5K for my '75 with 29K miles (very clean & straight original condition)
But, even though it was garaged (also for ten years) and started up right away,
am sinking time and $$ into it after driving for a few months (little
performance
problems).

For comparative value, check out Hemmings Motor News (www.hemmings.com)
listings.
There aren't many Midgets, but you'll see that $5K is a good deal for that
mileage
and condition.  Looking back through the past few months of Hemmings hard
copies,
I've seen restored Midgets up to $10K-$12.5K and not-yet-restored-high-milers
(rust, body, mechanical work needed and >75K miles) around $2.5K-$6K.

Go for it -- as little present to yourself from the Easter Bunny or for someone
special for Mother's Day!

Vicky
'75 Gidget the Midget
'93 Tasha the Black Lab