NEC Classic car show

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: NEC Classic car show
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:36:19 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi list,

Here in the old country we had a classic car show too!  It was at the NEC in
Birmingham at a big indoor exhibition centre.

I had nice drive down with the top down and stuck mostly to 70mph for about
45 miles apart from when a Vauxhall droop snoot Firenza (rare classic British
sporting saloon) passed me so I sped up to stay with him (he later sped up to
about 95, hah. still stayed with him).  I upheld Spridget honours and got
past him later on dual carriageway and almost regretted it when I looked at
the petrol gauge.  A 45 DCOE can get thirsty at high speeds with the roof
down and I had to make a long detour on the way home to buy some petrol.

Oh Yeah, the show was ok too but it didn't seem as big as other years.  This
type of show format involves many clubs having a stand with 4-5 cars on
display.  I think that Triumph had one of the more interesting stands with a
TR3B on the rare 42DCOE carbs (first time I may have seen this size) and a
TR7 convered to TR8 spec.

The autojumble was a bit disapointing as I hoped to find some Wolseley 1500
back plates and didn't nor a small funnel or s/s screws for the DCOE top
cover.

Didn't see any of Toby's tee shirts or people from the list!!

Daniel1312