RE: Poor Compression

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: RE: Poor Compression
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 13:08:32 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "'HFC'" <froggi@cdsnet.net>, Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
'cause that's what the instructions say :)
A closed throttle impedes the flow of air into the engine and creates a
partial vacuum in the cylinder before the compression stroke.  This
reduces the pressure in the cylinder after compression and messes up your
reading.

Ulix (with partial vacuum in my head due to intake restriction [stuffed up
nose])

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Michael Graziano wrote:

> What's this?  Open Throttle?  I haven't done that.  Why would I have to apen
> the throttle?
>
> Mike

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9