Re: Jensen GT

Subject: Re: Jensen GT
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 19:21:57 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Rendezvous is always good to play to the unitiated and watch the reaction.
BTW The Italian Job was filmed in Turin and featured their new Opera House,
not Sydney's.  A fair bit of filmic license was taken because if a Cooper S
carried that many gold bars it wouln't be able to get out of it's own way,
and the Polizi Giuliettas were very special in their day.  BTW the police
in Sydney at the time used Cooper S (copper S?) pursuit cars so goodnight
felon.  This was also one of the first films to feature an overtly gay
character, even if slightly caricatured.  Just imagine how brave Peter
Lorre had to be to play a gay Joel Cairo in the Maltese Falcon (not a car
reference).

And there were many, many times I felt like pushing my Mk1 Cooper S over
cliff...

Peter