Re: Jensen GT... Movie Greats....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jensen GT... Movie Greats....
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 13:49:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Keith Turk wrote:

> The Hot Rodder in Me would be remise if I didn't jump out here and say I
> drool over two movies.... Two Lane Black Top.... and On Any Sunday......
>
> I mean that 55 with the big block tunnel ram and the whole drag racing
> scenes... well what can I say.... They shoulda passed through Bonneville..
> then the movie would have been PERFECT.....
>
> Any thing that Shows Steve McQueen.. on a scooter has to be great.... Tell
> me it isn't true.... the man was a brilliant actor as well as a real
> rider/driver
>
> Keith Turk
> Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
> Camaro ( D Gas Altered )
>
> ----------
> > From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
> > To: Ronsoave@aol.com
> > Cc: bobkathylangham@worldnet.att.net; racer45@bellsouth.net;
> toobmany@bigpond.com; spridgets@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Re: Jensen GT
> > Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 8:03 PM
> >
> > Ronsoave@aol.com wrote:
> >

> > > One of the greatest car flicks ever.  The best? A nine-minute movie
> called
> > > "Rendezvous", filmed by a french producer who strapped a camera to the
> front
> > > of his 12 cylinder Ferrari and tore thru Paris at dawn.  You have to
> see it
> > > to believe it.  I had a room of 15 Dodge Dart type engineers watch it
> one
> > > day, and they even admitted it was tremendously cool.
> >
> > I always liked Vanishing Point, and Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry. Both cool
> > car flicks.
> > I guess us old f*rts will have to tell those young whipper snappers
> > about these movies (not Videos)
> > --
> > Frank Clarici
> > Toms River, NJ
> > Bugeye Sprite
> > 67 Sprite
> > 59 A40
> > http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/
How about Return to Macon County with Nick Nolte? Love the line "Are you
Ready"... "I WAS BORN READY"

Something about a Shoebox on laughing gas gets me off

While we are talking about drag movies, what is the name of the flick
where the star's Mopar gets run off the road and he puts the 426 in a
primer grey Willy's. Anyone know the name of that one? My favorite scene
in that movie is the guy with the Hertz rent-a-car that blows the motor
on the quarter mile....Been there....

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC