Re: sprites on film

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sprites on film
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:32:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I knew a guy who said he hit a curb sideways and ended up on someone's front
lawn ...

I rolled a 'B' with 2 passengers over a small (10 ft. or more?) embankment
after losing traction on a hairpin curve and digging my rear wheel into the
soft shoulder.  One of my passengers had a minor scrape on one forearm and I
got a small gash on the palm of one hand from glass from the windshield.
They fell out when the car went over in the air, and rolled down the steep
hill while I was wearing my seatbelt and went the whole distance and ended
up tangled in it upside down.  When I came to, the car was still running and
I shut it off.  I was listening intently for other signs of life as I tried
to get out from under.  Then I heard wailing proclaiming that I was dead,
which sounded great to me at that moment.  They opened the door and I shot
out, cutting my hand in the process.  My orientation had been thrown off and
I had been pushing the door handle the wrong way.  Up isn't always up.  No
roll bar.  Later when I started the car up again, it ran for about 15
seconds and died ... inertia switch.  The insurance company wrote it off and
I bought it back and fixed it.  I had the safety inspection done and
insurance back on but needed an appraisal before I could get collision
coverage.  Then the tree fell on it with me in it : (  There's a picture of
the car and tree on my webpage.  If you look very closely, you can see a
piece of masking tape helping to hold on the tail light lense.  I didn't
know what duct tape was then!

Still no roll bar and still no injury ...  I'll try to take better care of
the Sprite!  (Still no roll bar!)

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette