Re: Copper-Nickel Brake Tubing

To: dougi@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Copper-Nickel Brake Tubing
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 09:16:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/8/99 11:22:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dougi@home.com
writes:

<< Does anyone have any experience with the copper-nickel brake tubing sets
 offered by Moss?
- English made
- alloy equivalent to that used by marques like RR, Lotus, Aston Martin, etc
- better long term strength than steel
- better corrosion resistance than steel
- easier to bend smoothly than steel >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Doug,

I am in the process of installing this set in my '77 Midget.  I like the
quality.  The pipes are all included, good instructions with explanation of
which pipe goes where, and all the ends are correct.  I have installed 2 of
them so far (ran out of time).

They do bend easily.  I bought a tubing bender for the tight bends from
Eastwood ($5.00) when I went to their store, but the wide bends you can
easily do by hand.

I am hoping the copper/nickel alloy is more corrosion resistant than the
steel pipes that were in the car and covered with surface rust.  I don't
think they are as strong as steel or stainless steel, because they are so
easy to bend.  Just don't drive on gravel roads a lot.  I think they say
"better long term strength" because they won't rust.

Finish out your brakes with braided brake hoses.  They come from the same
manufacturer.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget