Re: Windshields, etc.

To: DANNY RENDLEMAN <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: Windshields, etc.
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:48:35 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Danny,

I've used xxxx (mild) steel wool for many, many years to clean glass AND
chrome. ALWAYS, and I can't stress ALWAYS enough, do a test area first.
All chrome is not created equal.  Make sure you are dealing with chrome
and not stainless steel.  SS will show scratch marks left by steel wool.
As to glass, after all, it is just a "liquid".  Ask a local used car
dealer if there is someone in the area that "buffs" windshields.
WFO Herb