success..I think...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: success..I think...
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 13:48:15 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Performed my tune up last night as winter in Melbourne really began to make
its prescence felt.
  When I first hooked up the timing light, I found the spark was at about
20' ATDC, way retarded! Twisted the dizzy to get it in range then set point
gap then fine tuned it to 8' with the little twisty-turny thing.
Set mixtures at about 2 1/2 turns from top, did the lift piston
test...cool...revs up...then down. 'Balanced' them as best I could and  now
it idles reasonably at 850-900rpm, low enough for the ignition light to be
on. Anyway... took it for a fang today, and It's running the best it ever
has. Pulls from 1500rpm and hits a real band at about 3000 up. However,when
the revs are climbing, if I floor it theres a noise to it, that isn't there
if I just open the throttle gradually, feeding it more as it needs it. Any
ideas on this anybody? Its that preignition paranoia again..
Turned the motor off at least ten times today/tonight and IT DIDN"T DIESEL
EVEN ONCE....WOOHOO!
Looking forward to doing a milage test.
Thanks for advice
Andy