resolution of first motion shaft bushing removal

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: resolution of first motion shaft bushing removal
From: "Bruce Woodward" <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 22:17:31 -0500
Cc: "George Merryweather" <georgem1@ficnet.net>, "Gail B. Snider" <snider@netpath.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Again, thanx to all those who responded concerning the removal of the "pilot
bushing".  Once I pulled motor out this morning, I pulled the
clutch/flywheel and got my grease gun as this sounded the easiest and first
thing to try.  I looked before I pulled the trigger and then got the new one
and slipped it in.  there was no old one to pull out!!!!!

I had pulled the motor earlier over the winter, did not know that I should
replace it, but then I also never saw it while sweeping up each nite, so I
don't have any idea what happened to it.

I am amazed out how much quieter this little 1098 runs now, and seems to run
better!

For all those dummies like myself out there, replace that pilot bushing
whenever you dissassemble the motor/tranny.

and also, thanks to George Merryweather, of Classic Restorations, who took
it upon himself to order this seemingly insignificent part for me and attach
it to an existing order when I emailed him complaining of the racket my car
made.  Its enthusiasts like him and many others on this list which makes all
these projects go more smoothly and satisfying.

someone want to forward this on to Montana Bob please?

bruce@woodward-realty.com