Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:45:08 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave are you torquing everything while it is still wet to ensure that it
doesn't effect the torque values?

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
> To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
> Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Loctite? (was: Lock tabs vs lock washers)
> Date: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 4:49 PM
>
> Ulix,  I used blue loctite everywhere Frank said, and in all the places
where he doesn't!  No lock tabs for me, they don't torque well at all.  If
you are using the ARP bolts, studs, and nuts, use the lube they sent you,
then put a drop of loctite on top after your done.  I now use Fel-Pro's
Grey Bolt Prep instead of loctite because it has graphite  in it for
anti-seize.