Dead Midget - Help!

To: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dead Midget - Help!
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:54:39 -0700
Cc: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi All,

Driving the '79 to work today it loses power and goes completely dead.
I coast over to the side and check:

Alternator and belt ok
Battery and connections ok
Fuse box - one fuse (second from top, brown wiring I believe) popped out
of place replace fuse and I have power, start and go, but car is running
slightly rough.

Get to work and shut off, and the alarm goes on, but very weak and
wimpy, barely audible and in slow motion  (not supposed to go off when
door is closed) Pop hood and disconnect battery with cut off switch,
check fuse box, grounds, etc, all look good.  Turn on battery switch,
nothing but dead.  Remove battery switch and connect ground cable
directly to battery still nothing.  As far as I know, there are no
internal fuses under the dash except for the radio.  The alarm has no
under dash fuses that I know of.

Suggestions?

quick fixes?

Derisive comments?

I need to have this car running again in 1.5 hours, as I've got a
business lunch to go to, plus It's dead in the office parking lot.

Steve

--
| Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
| Samesq@pacbell.net
| Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
| Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

"Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."