Re: Studs 'n' hubs

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Studs 'n' hubs
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:14:54 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel,

When I did mine, I tapped them in with a smallish ball peen after leaving
them in the freezer overnight. I would not use a big hammer on the hub
because you'd have to have it in a vice pretty firmly. I believe the final
seating of the studs is accomplished when you torque done the bolts at
final assembly.

Jeff

At 4:38 PM -0400 5/21/99, Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Anyone have any experience of fitting brand new studs to a new wheel hub (ie
> double bearing conversion at the rear).
>
> If so, how well did the studs go in - big hammer job or what?
>

> Daniel1312

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis