Re: Side Marker Reflectors

To: Fred Pixley <fpixley@kingston.net>
Subject: Re: Side Marker Reflectors
From: toyman@htcomp.net
Date: Sat, 29 May 99 06:14:56 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
  One of my 69 Midgets has two wipers, no side reflectors, and no headrests.

Fred I've read about this happening with british cars,it seems they are titled
as the hit port,not as they were produced.This means that your car with two
wipers is an 68 or earlier car that was slow on export.If I read the"Original
Sprite & Midget (the restorers guide to all the austin-healey and mg models
1958-79 by terry walker published by bay view books in the U.K.)the Spridget
went to the three wiper system in the mid-68 production year at the urging of
'ugh' Ralph Nader aka the man that killed the british sports car,he placed
so many saftey requirements on the manufacturing of these cars that England
couldn't keep up,since the U.S.imported the majority of the cars,England
finally gave up trying to please this pain in the ass advocate of saftey who
had way to much influence,and stopped making the LBC,s(the ralfph nader info
was read in a different source of info and will not be found in the book I
previously mentioned"DISCLAIMER")

The other 69 has three wipers, orange, screwed-on reflectors and headrests.  I
> am missing one orange reflector.  Does anyone have such an extra part or
> know of a source for this reflector?

I have seen those reflectors offered in the V.B.catalog.It will be on the sme
page as the marker lights and sells for 36.95 u.s. funds,perhaps someone on the
list has a donor with these avaliable,if so I could use a red one with the
surround trim also.

p.s.The Original Sprite & Midget is a great book for those who wish to know if
their car is correct as it gives prodution dating by chassis #,option and
accessories avaliable,and gives info on produtin changes by chassis # and
engine #.It also has alot of great pictures.I ordered mine through BookStop for
34.95 U.S. it shows it's19.95 pounds U.K. no idea what it is in Canada.No
financial interest in this book just thought it was great reference material.
Adios,gone for the weekend,toyman