Re: Sealing frame members

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, suhs2@hotmail.com, CONAN@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Sealing frame members
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 10:55:03 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/28/99 8:00:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

>  I dont see how Waxoyl would actually seal a seam.  Isnt it soft after the
>  petroleum evaporates?  I am going to use rubberized undercoating or fiber
>  impregnated roofing compound, brushed firmly into the seams to force them
>  into the holes

I have no idea of it's availability north of here, but we mostly use
evaporative coolers here in the desert and they sell a sray can full of
cooler coating..thin tar stuff at Home Depot and the like (sorry Frank).
It's like thin roofing tar in a can.  I would think you could rig up a soda
straw or something on the nozzle and get into cracks and crannys with it.
(down Ulix)...

Course, we don't really need it here.

Robert Houston