Re: HELP with rings etc. 1275 midget (and a new car!)

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, amesfolks@snovalley.com
Subject: Re: HELP with rings etc. 1275 midget (and a new car!)
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 20:51:14 EDT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers,

I have some spare 1275 pistons that Barry can have for the cost of shipping
if new rings won't solve his compression problems.  They're not exact
replacements and I'm seeking the collective knowledge of the list to make
sure they'll work before I send them out.  They are +.020 flat top 1275
pistons with 4 rings, (two compression, two oil control, with one oil control
below the wristpin)  They are of the "W" skirt design
(split skirts look they have a "W" slotted in).  I got them as part of a
group of spares from a Mini racer.

Daniel, can you name that piston?

Rick Neville
Rowley, MA