Re: Bleeding Clutch

To: "Benjamin K. Fenwick, CTRS" <bfenwick@netset.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 07:16:30 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I always have had to do a fast first bleed (open the bleeder and pump
the pedal as fast as you can for about 10 strokes) to push that bubble
through the line.

One alternative that seemed to make sense (but that I've never tried),
is to disconnect the line from the slave, thread it back into the engine
compartment, and hold it so that the bubble can rise to the end of the
line, then "bleed" the line (carefully pump the pedal until the line is
filled with fluid).  Cap the line and thread it back down to the slave
and reconnect.  Then proceed to bleed it normally.

Supposedly this is the perfect application for an "ezi-bleed".

Hope that helps.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net