gauge question, 10 V?

Subject: gauge question, 10 V?
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 01:08:00 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
hello list... as my Sprite accelerates & spirals towards completion... more
and more tiny little problems get in my way... most can be delt with by
drinking a coke and thinking about it for a few min... but I need a lil help
here...

I was about to install the additional gauges when I decided to read the
instructions... It seems there is a 10 V stable circuit that some gauges
operate on... " This makes allot of sense when I thought about it... you
don't want your gauges reading differently depending on the state of charge
on the battery.... So the Haynes Wiring diagram calls this the "bi metal
voltage stabilizer" that all the gauges run off of... (electrical that is)
so my question is... where is this apparatus?... and if its buried under the
dash... where is a good place to branch of it? would it be easier to branch
off the fuel gauge?

Much thanks to "The List"....

I will be doing a fully custom CD-player install in the sprite... my goal is
to minimize visibility of the unit... but still be able to control it
easily... more details to follow when it is done...

Toby....
Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, tob@taltec.net
1969 Austin Healey Sprite, mk 4 "noname" (in restoration!)
1971 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser "BEEF" (daily driver.. stock everything)