Progress!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Progress!
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 22:34:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Wow!  My little '75 is finally starting to look like a car!  And today I
was able to roll it out in the drive way and park it under its own
(parking) brake power!  I had to rig the hand brake cable to the rear
brake connector thingy with a nail inserted and bent until I can get a
pin, but at least I have a hand brake now.

I also got around to refilling the transmission with oil to see if my
leak's still there (replaced the bellhousing gasket).  I managed to
leave quite a few big puddles of oil on the floor.  Thank goodness for
kitty litter!  Soaks up oil and smells fresh too!  Anybody invented an
ingenious way of putting fluid in the transmissions?  (1500s may be
different than other models...but it's a pain in the arse.)

I also mounted the new fuel tank, with a little persuasion from a pair
of pliers and a hacksaw.  Don't ask.  Anyway, I have the tail lights,
rear side markers, back-up lights, wiper motor/assembly, and trunk lock
installed, and even the fuse box wired up.  Whew!  Maybe I WILL finish
this summer.  I hope to be mounting the engine either this Sunday or
next.  Who knew these cars had so many parts?

Thanks to everybody who has offered help and/or advice!

adrian

'75 Midget in fewer pieces every day...

--

J. Adrian Barnes