Re: POR-15 or 624?

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: POR-15 or 624?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:23:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/2/99 10:52:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

<< My painted floors fell out (whole) while driving after about a year.
 They were well coated in and out with POR 15. The rust kept on going
 until it ate the seams and the floor fell out. Well it actually just
 fell down and made a great scoop to scoop up road kill, rocks, leaves,
 etc. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sounds like fun!  Only the front part of the floors (up in the footwells) in
my Midget are a bit weak.  The seat areas are quite solid.  I won't wait
until they fall out, but budget problems and an incredible desire to get this
thing on the road are making me wait!

I read all the posts a while ago about the relative merits of using a rust
stopper or doing the repair the right way, and I certainly agree with Frank.
Do the repair the right way...rust always wins.  As I said above, this is
only a temporary fix which will hopefully slow down the rusting process.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport