Re:Front License Plate Bracket

To: Ronsoave@aol.com
Subject: Re:Front License Plate Bracket
From: AN5L@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:17:54 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ron
On both of my bugeye's came a bracket shaped like a
Tee. It's made out of  5/16 X 1" flat stock. The top of the tee is 5" long
and the other is 10" long welded to the center of the top piece.  On the stem
piece two holes are drilled up from the base at 1" and 3 1/8" which
correspond with the front bumper bracket holes and the top of the tee has two
holes  both 1" from either end. I bought  a universal License plate holder
(that the license slides down into) and bolted it to the tee bracket. I've
got about 3" clearance between the bonnet and the plate.Both of the tee
brackets are the same dimensions so I've always wondered if they were
original or if the dealer made them?

Regards,
Nick Ferrant
60 bugeye