Tonneau Woes

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tonneau Woes
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:52:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Help Guys,

The front, right-most (passenger side in the USofA) side
snap on my tonneau unsnaps at speed.

I had to get up on I-40 for a while, staying right with
dem bad boyz, when POP, the corner unsnaps. So now I'm
cruising at 75 with one had on the wheel and one hand on
the flapping corner of tonneau. No fun!

So -- I think I can remove the male part of the snap that
appears to be rivited to the windshield post. But most
replacements I'v got seem real loose in the femal part
that's in the tonneau.  IS tehre a better way? Can I
put in one of the lift-a-dot fasteners like holds the
center of the tonneau to the dashboard?

All help is appreciated. Or ... at least considered.

chuck