Seat Belt Mountings

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belt Mountings
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 14:18:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi group!

I need to put seatbelts in the restored Bugeye which means I need to
blow a hole in the tunnel on each side (I really don't want to do this;
but safety you know).  I have replacement sills and they have the
necessary holes.  According to my original shop manual the later
Spridgets use a 7/16" bolt, a stepped down bushing, and a wavy washer.
In my parts book I find no parts numbers and cannot figure out the
length of the bolt or find the bushing dimensions.  Our trusty catalogs
do not show these either.

Does anyone have an old set of bolts and/or bushings I could borrow to
make a new set or know where I can purchase them?  As shearing force
would be applied to the bolts, what grade is appropriate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I go watch the Milwaukee IRL
race now - we get it on tape delay in Milwaukee.

Thanks listers,

Dave
59 :() AN5L/17606